Sunday, July 25, 2010

A month of books

I was cleaning out my family room today and I have lots of books on grief and single parenting that I received and bought after I started this blog. I wanted to take a few weeks to pass on a few that I think are really worthwhile for you to read. I have not looked into whether or not they are still available for sale. If they aren't on Amazon or other book sites, check your local libraries or ebay if you're interested in buying them.

Today, I picked two that could help kids:








Both books are fantastic and really helped me to work through the grief with my children, who were 6, 4 and 2 at the time. "When Someone Very Special Dies" is perfect for all ages, but especially good for those children who are younger and may not be able to articulate their feelings. There are spaces for them to draw. "Helping Children Cope with the Loss of a Loved One," breaks down what to say to a child during their grief depending on how old they are.

No comments: