Thursday, June 5, 2008

An article of interest for you...

Wow, it's been awhile and I'm so sorry. I love blogging and I miss this! I'm THISCLOSE to being done with my book. Of course, it's that time of year when the school recitals are taking place so tonight I saw Samantha play violin. Last week, I saw Travis and his amazing jazz band! Tomorrow my daughter reads from her story she wrote and was chosen for her school literary magazine. There's end of the year parades, picnics, field trips and more. My son graduates junior high, so there's meetings for high school and more! Yeesh! The kids are counting down to summer. I'm not ready. I don't think I ever am truly ready although this year I promised myself I'd slow down a bit and not get so stressed out trying to work and have some fun.

I plan on visiting Jeff's family for a few days this summer. It's always hard to go back there, but I am going to try. I often wish it was different and that we got to see each other more often, but I'm lucky that we're still in touch with each other (to some degree anyway -- nobody except my sister-in-law writes or calls...everybody else just hears about the kids through her). Some people have asked me why I do it? Because I know Jeff would want me to (and I want to) and I'll keep trying as long as the relationships are still there.

Just a reminder to everyone to take care of yourselves PLEASE. My stomach ache this week was a reminder that sometimes I just stress myself out too much and it's time to slow down a bit. Please make sure you take care of yourself!!!!!

Here's a great article about someone who is really helping others..I wish I could do something like this nationally (one day maybe).

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06012008-1542250.html

No comments: