Friday, May 9, 2008

Checking in...Mother's Day

I just wanted to check in and see you all were doing...I am feverishly working on two book projects that are due by the end of the month. A little overwhelming, yes??? LOL But hey I love this life and I love being a writer. By taking on this work, I'm hoping to finally cut back 'just a little' over the summer, so my summer is a little easier with the kids and we can enjoy more time together.

This weekend is Mother's Day and I know I have some guys who read this blog and have lost their wife, mother of their children. I also know I have several women who have lost their same sex partners and have turned to this site for help too. I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and I hope this weekend allows you to smile a little bit and remember everything that she meant to you.

We should all remember our own mothers this weekend -- those who are and aren't with us. My mom is very close to me -- both literally and emotionally. She lives right downstairs and helps me with the kids when I need it so that I can work and do what I need to do. She's an amazing cook, baker, and my best friend. I just want to acknowledge her today and thank her for giving me what she does and being such a great grandma to the kids.

To those women who are now widows and single moms, a special nod to you. I'm in your shoes and it wasn't an easy road. You have all my love, support, understanding and gratitude for doing the great job that you're doing. Sunday is a day for you. If you don't have anyone to buy you something or do something for you, then do it for yourself. Order a pizza and rent a movie for the kids. Take the day off. No cleaning or laundry for one day. Rent a movie for you for after they go to bed. Order a bouquet of flowers. Go shopping and buy your favorite coffee on the way. Like rollerskating? Go rollerskating. Have a fave restaurant? go there (although on Mother's Day it can be more expensive). Just remember it's YOUR day! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.
- Mildred B. Vermont

Until next time,
Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to all of us - the mothers that are here and those that aren't. And here's to us mothers that are mom and dad rolled into one!