Sunday, February 10, 2008

Robin has responded...still needs our help

If you haven't read this post, please do so before reading this thread.

I just wanted to let you all know that Robin has responded to your comments with her email address. As you can see, she's still not doing well. If you feel like you have some time to let her know that family isn't always those who are related to us biologically, I'd appreciate it.

We've all been in Robin's shoes and perhaps we had someone who guided us out of that black hole and now we have the opportunity to return the favor. For me, it was my mother, who has been through being a young widow before (my dad died when I was 6 and she raised four of us; I was the youngest). She knew what I was going through and she told me that my kids needed to know that life went on. That was enough for me. It was my catalyst that I needed to make the kids realize their life wasn't over. Of course that meant putting my life on hold so I could take care of them and do what needed to be done. At times, it stunk...at times, I realized that I did the right thing. I got out of bed and took care of them.

For those without children, I know that it might be a little harder, but perhaps you'll find the reason to get out of bed is you. Would your husband or wife be happy seeing you this way? My mom told me that too and I realized Jeff would be devastated if I collapsed. He knew I was a strong person and knew that I could get through anything. I knew that I could get through this. It didn't make it easier, but I kept those thoughts inside -- what would he want me to do? He would want me to be happy.

Right now, Robin isn't at that place of being happy. I just want her to know she's not alone. She doesn't need to suffer thinking that she doesn't have a 'family.' Yes, it's one person. But help one person and it just continues...

Robin, you might be young, but you're not alone. We're here.
Until next time,
Lisa

No comments: