Friday, January 11, 2008

A good read?

As much as I'm a writer by profession, I couldn't read a lot of grief books after Jeff died. You would think that would be easy for me, but it wasn't. I would skim them, but I couldn't immerse myself in a book because I would get distracted easily. I'd read one thing the writer wrote about their own grief and suddenly I was daydreaming about my grief, what my life with Jeff was like and how things have changed so much and before I know it, I daydreamed, cried and put the book down after getting only through a page or so.

Because of this blog and the website, I'm sent books on grief by publishers all the time who want me to get the word out about them. While I compile a list of the books they sent me for another time, I would love to know what your favorite book on grief is -- what book helped you through your hard times? Maybe even made you laugh just when you needed it?

Post your favorite book title in the comments section and, if you can, tell me why you like it and I'll create a list and post it here within a few days so that perhaps someone else can find a book that can help them too that maybe they hadn't heard of before.

Remember, you might be young, but you're not alone.

Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the books I could most relate to after the death of my husband was A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis.