Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Trying to SAVE a life...

As you know, I spend a large portion of my life helping young widows and widowers pick up the pieces after their loved one has gone.

Today, my friends, I am asking you for help to save a life. Or, at least, a house.

My friend, Lori Hall Steele, who is a professional freelance writer and fellow single mom, is extremely ill. To make life even harder, she is on the verge of losing her home. I can't imagine making her move right in the middle of her illness with her (probably) scared young son.

Her friends -- freelance writers, editors and reporters all across the country are taking to their blogs to help raise money for Lori. This isn't a con -- simply Google her name and you'll see what she's written. She's spent her career providing information to help others, now it's our time to help her. Please visit www.savelorishouse.com to read her story and do what you can to donate -- $5, $25 or, if you're fortunate to be able to do more, please do so. It goes right to Lori's mortgage bill.

Thanks so much for listening.

Lisa

No comments: