Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shameless plug for my daughter!

If you have a teen or preteen who loves to read, especially fiction, please check out my daughter's blog at http://wordforteens.blogspot.com/. She's an avid book reader and she talks about everything books, movies related to books, books related to movies, books that are soon to be released, and sometimes she throws in a waterskiing squirrel for fun (LOL). She hopes one day to work in the publishing industry. I told her that with all her fiction book knowledge, she'd be the one to discover the next J.K. Rowling or T.A. Barron or she'll write books just like them -- she's a much better fiction writer than I am. I'm very proud of the job she's doing on this site and I'd love to see more teens leaving comments and visiting her.

"And she loves Twilight!" says her little sister Samantha who is reading over my shoulder as I type this. If your teen doesn't know about Twilight by now, hang on, they'll know about it soon and that's all you'll ever hear about (refer them to Nicole's site for a place to talk about it before it drives you crazy!)

To tie this shameless plug in to this site, I do have to say I will talk about how books helped my daughter through her grief at a later time, but for right now, I have to get the kids on the bus to school (um, yay! LOL) and get to work. More later!

Thanks for letting me put up my shameless plug for my daughter.

Lisa

No comments: